Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx - I'll Take Care Of U



While 2010 marked the meteoric rise of The xx, it also independently, marked the long-awaited return of master wordsmith Gil Scott-Heron, who released I'm New Here, his first album in thirteen years. And now that The xx are taking a much-deserved breather, Jamie xx found time to remix 13 tracks from Scott-Heron's album sessions.

"I sent him a letter explaining the concept and the reasoning behind some of the tracks, and then he basically said I could do whatever I want. I was amazed that he was open to so much new music. I hope I have open ears like that when I'm older."

I'll Take Care Of U is the second single from the album We're new here, released this month.



Source: Spinner, We're new here

No comments:

Post a Comment